Mr. Food: Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Peanut butter and chocolate are an irresistible combination. Mr. Food has a way to make a tasty treat using both.
Makes: 1 dozen
Chilling Time: 2 hr 30 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. In a small saucepan, melt 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Allow to cool slightly; mixture should still be pourable.
3. Starting halfway up each paper cup, spoon about 2 teaspoons mixture over inside of cups, completely covering bottom half of each cup. Chill cups about 30 minutes, or until firm.
4. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and butter; mix well. (Mixture will be dry.) Spoon evenly into chocolate cups and press down firmly.
5. Place remaining chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Spoon equal amounts into cups, spreading to completely cover peanut butter mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or until firm.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 7 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 28 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 26 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 30 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 18 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 20 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
28 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos