Mr. Food: Chicken Burrito Soup
May 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Spring calls for light eating. Mr. Food has a recipe for soup with a real zing!
Cooking Time: 25 min
1. In a soup pot, bring chicken broth, water, and salsa to a boil over high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
3. Stir in olives and tortilla strips and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
4. Sprinkle each portion with cheese just before serving.
Notes: This soup can be as mild or spicy as you like, depending on the type of salsa you use. And feel free to substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts and shredded Mexican cheese blend for the Cheddar. It's up to you!
mr. food, food, mr. food
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 5 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 25 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 53 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos