Mr. Food: Chicken Burrito Soup
May 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Spring calls for light eating. Mr. Food has a recipe for soup with a real zing!
Cooking Time: 25 min
1. In a soup pot, bring chicken broth, water, and salsa to a boil over high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
3. Stir in olives and tortilla strips and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
4. Sprinkle each portion with cheese just before serving.
Notes: This soup can be as mild or spicy as you like, depending on the type of salsa you use. And feel free to substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts and shredded Mexican cheese blend for the Cheddar. It's up to you!
mr. food, food, mr. food
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands