Mr. Food: Pineapple Banana Bread
May 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's nothing like the sweet smell of banana bread. Mr. Food has a tropical twist on an old favorite.
Makes: 2 loaves
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamianuts. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm 21 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 40 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 52 min ago
- Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
31 min ago
- Firefighter adopts abused cat
48 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos