Mr. Food: Pineapple Banana Bread
May 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's nothing like the sweet smell of banana bread. Mr. Food has a tropical twist on an old favorite.
Makes: 2 loaves
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamianuts. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 39 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 55 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
56 min ago