Mr. Food: Pineapple Banana Bread
May 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's nothing like the sweet smell of banana bread. Mr. Food has a tropical twist on an old favorite.
Makes: 2 loaves
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamianuts. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 34 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 51 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 3 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
46 min ago