Mr. Food: Pineapple Banana Bread
May 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- There's nothing like the sweet smell of banana bread. Mr. Food has a tropical twist on an old favorite.
Makes: 2 loaves
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamianuts. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 38 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 38 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 45 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 13 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 20 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos