Mr. Food: Berry Cheesecake Ice Cream Squares
July 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- July is National Ice Cream Month! Mr. Food has a recipe to keep cool on a hot summer day.
1. In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumbs into bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; refrigerate until ready to fill.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together pudding and milk until slightly thickened. Stir in ice cream until well mixed. Evenly spoon into crust. Spread whipped topping evenly over ice cream; cover.
3. Freeze 6 hours or overnight. Cut into squares, top each with a strawberry, and serve immediately.
Our Test Kitchen tried these with both Ritz and Sunshine crackers. Both worked fine.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested 53 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 34 min ago
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore 18 min ago
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge 29 min ago
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos