Mr. Food: Chicken Sausage Cacciatore
July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking for a light and healthy meal that's still chock full of flavor? Mr. Food has just the right dish.
Cooking Time: 25 min
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat then add sausage, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Remove to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. Add garlic, bell pepper, and onion, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt, and black pepper, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes, or until tomatoes have broken down.
4. Return sausage to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over warm penne pasta.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 11 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 58 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 6 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos