Mr. Food: Twinkie Cupcakes
August 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Who didn't love twinkies as a kid? Mr. Food has a interesting twist on the popular snack!
Cooking Time: 15 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg whites, water, vanilla, and lemon peel; mix well. Divide mixture equally into muffins cups.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely, then slice each cupcake in half horizontally.
4. In another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat confectioners' sugar and shortening until creamy, then beat in the heavy cream until smooth and fluffy.
5. Spread equally over the bottom cupcake halves then replace tops. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
These taste better at room temperature, so if they've been refrigerated, allow them to return to room temperature before serving.
BONUS VIDEO: Check out our special Test Kitchen "How To Make Homemade Twinkies" video! Click Here!
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 21 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 51 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 16 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos