Mr. Food: Twinkie Cupcakes
August 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Who didn't love twinkies as a kid? Mr. Food has a interesting twist on the popular snack!
Cooking Time: 15 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg whites, water, vanilla, and lemon peel; mix well. Divide mixture equally into muffins cups.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely, then slice each cupcake in half horizontally.
4. In another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat confectioners' sugar and shortening until creamy, then beat in the heavy cream until smooth and fluffy.
5. Spread equally over the bottom cupcake halves then replace tops. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
These taste better at room temperature, so if they've been refrigerated, allow them to return to room temperature before serving.
BONUS VIDEO: Check out our special Test Kitchen "How To Make Homemade Twinkies" video! Click Here!
mr. food, food, mr. food
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos