Mr. Food: Twinkie Cupcakes
August 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Who didn't love twinkies as a kid? Mr. Food has a interesting twist on the popular snack!
Cooking Time: 15 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg whites, water, vanilla, and lemon peel; mix well. Divide mixture equally into muffins cups.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely, then slice each cupcake in half horizontally.
4. In another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat confectioners' sugar and shortening until creamy, then beat in the heavy cream until smooth and fluffy.
5. Spread equally over the bottom cupcake halves then replace tops. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
These taste better at room temperature, so if they've been refrigerated, allow them to return to room temperature before serving.
BONUS VIDEO: Check out our special Test Kitchen "How To Make Homemade Twinkies" video! Click Here!
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 26 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 13 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ