Mr. Food: Secret Ingredient Iced Tea
August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Iced Tea is a refreshing drink for any summer day. Mr. Food has a secret ingredient to make sure your tea is extra tasty.
Cooking Time: 25 min
1. In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in baking soda and tea bags; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 15 minutes.
2. Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add remaining water and the lemon slices. Pour into 1/2-gallon container and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until chilled.
3. Serve over ice in tall glasses and garnish with mint, if desired.
Using baking soda in this recipe is no mistake. It removes any bitterness from the tea, leaving us with a smooth and flavorful drink.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 2 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
2 min ago