Mr. Food: Taco Potato Salad
August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Potato salad lovers will rejoice in this novel twist on a favorite cold summer salad. Boasting a fiesta of flavors, our Taco Potato Salad is sure to be the talk of your patio party.
Cooking Time: 20 min
3 pounds white potatoes
2 cups mayonnaise
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced scallions (green onions)
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1 cup coarsely crushed ranch-flavored tortilla chips Instructions
Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and let cool.
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and taco seasoning; mix well.
Cut cooled potatoes into chunks and place in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture and remaining ingredients to potatoes and mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 24 min ago
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash 10 min ago
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos