Mr. Food: Garlic Roast
September 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mr. Food has a mouth watering recipe for a roast that your family is sure to love!
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a long, thin knife, carefully make a horizontal slit through the center of roast. Twist knife gently to make a 1/2-inch hole. (The hole doesn't have to stay open on its own because it's going to be stuffed with garlic.)
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil . Sauté garlic cloves 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (including remaining oil) except the roast; mix well and set aside.
5. When garlic is cool enough to handle, push cloves into hole in center of roast until they fill hole. Rub oil mixture over entire roast and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
6. Roast 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center indicates 160 degrees F for medium, or until desired doneness.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 5 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 25 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 18 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 20 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
16 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
5 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
20 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos