Mr. Food: Garlic Roast
September 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mr. Food has a mouth watering recipe for a roast that your family is sure to love!
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a long, thin knife, carefully make a horizontal slit through the center of roast. Twist knife gently to make a 1/2-inch hole. (The hole doesn't have to stay open on its own because it's going to be stuffed with garlic.)
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil . Sauté garlic cloves 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (including remaining oil) except the roast; mix well and set aside.
5. When garlic is cool enough to handle, push cloves into hole in center of roast until they fill hole. Rub oil mixture over entire roast and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
6. Roast 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center indicates 160 degrees F for medium, or until desired doneness.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 5 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 17 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 42 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 31 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos