Meet Mr. Food's biggest Philly fan
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Art Ginsburg, better known as Mr. Food, has been cooking all his life and he's a Sunday morning regular on Action News.
In Northeast Philadelphia, Shirley Callahan rushes home from church week-by-week to catch him.
"For seniors, I can make a meal and stretch it for three or four days. It doesn't cost that much and the food is very good," said Shirley.
Action News told his producers how often Shirley writes in for recipes, just about every time one's offered.
The producers responded by sending her an autographed copy of his latest cookbook.
"The mailman came and said he had a package for me. I asked what I sent for. When it came I looked and thought, 'Where is the bill?' I didn't realize until I opened the cover that it was signed and it was a book for me," said Shirley.
Shirley whipped up Art's Steak Parmesan from the book. She and her future son-in-law both gave it an "A".
Shirley also tried the Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe she wrote in for - easy, fast, and no baking necessary.
There's even another Mr. Food fan simmering in the Callahan family.
"My grandson loves to help me cook. Mr. Food's saying is 'Ooh it's so good.' My grandson's is 'It's yummy for our tummy," she said.
For all the fellow fan's wondering where their favorite kitchen connoisseur has been, Mr. Food's segments will return after football season.
mr. food, food, mr. food
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ