Solar panel company plans Philly plant
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - November 30, 2009 -- Gov. Ed Rendell says a Greek company that makes solar panels will open a new manufacturing facility along the Philadelphia waterfront.
Athens-based Heliosphera plans to open the plant in Philadelphia's redeveloped Navy Yard.
Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development spokesman Luke Webber says construction is expected to begin in summer or fall of 2010 and last 12 to 18 months.
Rendell says the new facility will create about 400 jobs in the city.
solar power, pennsylvania, philadelphia, green
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 23 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 14 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party