Solar panel company plans Philly plant
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - November 30, 2009 -- Gov. Ed Rendell says a Greek company that makes solar panels will open a new manufacturing facility along the Philadelphia waterfront.
Athens-based Heliosphera plans to open the plant in Philadelphia's redeveloped Navy Yard.
Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development spokesman Luke Webber says construction is expected to begin in summer or fall of 2010 and last 12 to 18 months.
Rendell says the new facility will create about 400 jobs in the city.
solar power, pennsylvania, philadelphia, green
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 17 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 29 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 58 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
39 min ago