Powerball's $232 million winner sold in Winner, S.D.
PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - May 28, 2009 (WPVI) -- The town of Winner, S.D., has landed a winner -- of a $232 million Powerball jackpot.
The winning ticket for yesterday's lottery was sold in the ranching and farming town of 2,800 people.
Lottery officials say it's the ninth-largest Powerball jackpot ever.
Out of the millions of tickets sold for last night's drawing, only one matched all six winning numbers.
The owner of the winning ticket has yet to come forward, but officials say they'll holding a news conference to give details about the jackpot later today.
Winner is near the Nebraska line. It's known for great pheasant hunting, and draws thousands from around the world every fall.
On the Net: http://www.powerball.com
South Dakota Lottery: http://lottery.sd.gov
You can see the next Powerball drawing, worth an estimated $20 million, on 6abc Saturday night, just before Action News at 11 p.m.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 16 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 11 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 41 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
6 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
11 min ago