Powerball's $232 million winner sold in Winner, S.D.
PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - May 28, 2009 (WPVI) -- The town of Winner, S.D., has landed a winner -- of a $232 million Powerball jackpot.
The winning ticket for yesterday's lottery was sold in the ranching and farming town of 2,800 people.
Lottery officials say it's the ninth-largest Powerball jackpot ever.
Out of the millions of tickets sold for last night's drawing, only one matched all six winning numbers.
The owner of the winning ticket has yet to come forward, but officials say they'll holding a news conference to give details about the jackpot later today.
Winner is near the Nebraska line. It's known for great pheasant hunting, and draws thousands from around the world every fall.
On the Net: http://www.powerball.com
South Dakota Lottery: http://lottery.sd.gov
You can see the next Powerball drawing, worth an estimated $20 million, on 6abc Saturday night, just before Action News at 11 p.m.
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police