Powerball's $232 million winner sold in Winner, S.D.
PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - May 28, 2009 (WPVI) -- The town of Winner, S.D., has landed a winner -- of a $232 million Powerball jackpot.
The winning ticket for yesterday's lottery was sold in the ranching and farming town of 2,800 people.
Lottery officials say it's the ninth-largest Powerball jackpot ever.
Out of the millions of tickets sold for last night's drawing, only one matched all six winning numbers.
The owner of the winning ticket has yet to come forward, but officials say they'll holding a news conference to give details about the jackpot later today.
Winner is near the Nebraska line. It's known for great pheasant hunting, and draws thousands from around the world every fall.
On the Net: http://www.powerball.com
South Dakota Lottery: http://lottery.sd.gov
You can see the next Powerball drawing, worth an estimated $20 million, on 6abc Saturday night, just before Action News at 11 p.m.
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 54 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam 27 min ago
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion