Fatal crash closes NJTP for over 7 hours
FLORENCE, N.J. - January 31, 2010 (WPVI) -- A fiery crash involving a tractor-trailer and another vehicle has left at least one person dead.
The two vehicles collided at 11:30 Saturday night. The big rig burst into flames, killing the driver. The fatal victim has been identified as 25-year-old Jovon Holmes from Baltimore.
Two others were injured in the crash, however they have been treated and released.
The northbound lanes of the turnpike were shutdown for 7-and-a-half hours between exits four and six. It has now reopened to traffic.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
new jersey, burlington county, accident, new jersey turnpike, traffic
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish