Fatal crash closes NJTP for over 7 hours
FLORENCE, N.J. - January 31, 2010 (WPVI) -- A fiery crash involving a tractor-trailer and another vehicle has left at least one person dead.
The two vehicles collided at 11:30 Saturday night. The big rig burst into flames, killing the driver. The fatal victim has been identified as 25-year-old Jovon Holmes from Baltimore.
Two others were injured in the crash, however they have been treated and released.
The northbound lanes of the turnpike were shutdown for 7-and-a-half hours between exits four and six. It has now reopened to traffic.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
new jersey, burlington county, accident, new jersey turnpike, traffic
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 13 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online 59 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes 34 min ago
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment