Potholes are popping up everywhere
CAMDEN, N.J. - March 2, 2010 (WPVI) -- If you think our harsh winter has been tough on you...imagine what it's done to the streets.
Potholes are springing up all over the place, and they're much bigger than usual.
RELATED LINK: Check out 6abc.com's "Pothole Tracker"
In fact, some streets look like they belong on the surface of the moon.
The Camden County Highways Department has removed the snow plows and attached the asphalt box to battle the epidemic.
The craters are sending wheel covers flying, flattening tires and bending rims.
Jim Giglio of Pep Boys says he's hearing the same thing from many customers.
"I hit a pothole and I need a tire," Giglio said.
Action News caught up with a road crew that was putting hot patches on Camden County roads. Each crew uses eight tons of asphalt a day repairing 50-75 holes.
"It's hard to keep on top of. There's so many roads," said David Stout of the Camden County Highway Department.
Meanwhile, motorists must navigate highways like minefields and it's not easy.
Especially at high speeds.
"There's too many of them, you can't miss them," said Bill Miller of Marlton, New Jersey.
"They're all over the place."
Here is information to report potholes to your local transportation department.
Philadelphia's "Smooth Streets" website
Call 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623)
- New Jersey:
New Jersey Dept. of Transportation Pothole Reporting Form
Delaware Dept. of Transportation Pothole Reporting Form
new jersey, camden, potholes, traffic, cathy gandolfo
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 29 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...