Accident cleared; Schuylkill delays continue
SCHUYLKILL EXPRESSWAY - August 19, 2010 (WPVI) -- A pair of cars collided with a pair of trucks, and plenty of drivers were stuck in the delay.
Police have cleared the scene of the accident on the Schuylkill Expressway. It happened in the eastbound lanes in West Conshohocken, just east of the Blue Route interchange.
Two cars and two trucks all collided around 7 a.m. Both of the cars were wedged into the rear end of one of the trucks.
Police were able to get one lane open to traffic fairly quickly, but the jam still backed up for miles.
Two people were hurt.
The wreckage was moved off of the highway just before 9 a.m., but the backup continued from the accident scene at the I-476 interchange all the way back to the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
schuylkill expressway, accident, traffic
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police