Accident cleared; Schuylkill delays continue
SCHUYLKILL EXPRESSWAY - August 19, 2010 (WPVI) -- A pair of cars collided with a pair of trucks, and plenty of drivers were stuck in the delay.
Police have cleared the scene of the accident on the Schuylkill Expressway. It happened in the eastbound lanes in West Conshohocken, just east of the Blue Route interchange.
Two cars and two trucks all collided around 7 a.m. Both of the cars were wedged into the rear end of one of the trucks.
Police were able to get one lane open to traffic fairly quickly, but the jam still backed up for miles.
Two people were hurt.
The wreckage was moved off of the highway just before 9 a.m., but the backup continued from the accident scene at the I-476 interchange all the way back to the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
schuylkill expressway, accident, traffic
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 8 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 38 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos