Accident cleared; Schuylkill delays continue
SCHUYLKILL EXPRESSWAY - August 19, 2010 (WPVI) -- A pair of cars collided with a pair of trucks, and plenty of drivers were stuck in the delay.
Police have cleared the scene of the accident on the Schuylkill Expressway. It happened in the eastbound lanes in West Conshohocken, just east of the Blue Route interchange.
Two cars and two trucks all collided around 7 a.m. Both of the cars were wedged into the rear end of one of the trucks.
Police were able to get one lane open to traffic fairly quickly, but the jam still backed up for miles.
Two people were hurt.
The wreckage was moved off of the highway just before 9 a.m., but the backup continued from the accident scene at the I-476 interchange all the way back to the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
schuylkill expressway, accident, traffic
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 12 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 15 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
9 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
15 min ago