1 crash cleared; another hits Schuylkill Expressway
SCHUYLKILL EXPRESSWAY - October 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- An accident has quickly caused a major backup on the eastbound Schuylkill Expressway.
The crash, involving several vehicles, happened just before 7 a.m. near the Montgomery Avenue exit and blocking 2 lanes.
Emergency workers arrived on the scene and the backup has quickly stretched from the accident scene at Montgomery Avenue back to the Blue Route. The delay ended up adding about an hour to some commuters' drive times.
The eastbound accident was cleared by 8 a.m., but then an accident happened on the Schuylkill Expressway's westbound lanes near Montgomery Avenue.
There's no word about the cause of either crash or the conditions of any of the drivers.
schuylkill expressway, accident, traffic
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish