1 crash cleared; another hits Schuylkill Expressway
SCHUYLKILL EXPRESSWAY - October 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- An accident has quickly caused a major backup on the eastbound Schuylkill Expressway.
The crash, involving several vehicles, happened just before 7 a.m. near the Montgomery Avenue exit and blocking 2 lanes.
Emergency workers arrived on the scene and the backup has quickly stretched from the accident scene at Montgomery Avenue back to the Blue Route. The delay ended up adding about an hour to some commuters' drive times.
The eastbound accident was cleared by 8 a.m., but then an accident happened on the Schuylkill Expressway's westbound lanes near Montgomery Avenue.
There's no word about the cause of either crash or the conditions of any of the drivers.
schuylkill expressway, accident, traffic
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases