All lanes open on Blue Route after crash repairs
PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - October 20, 2010 (WPVI) -- An early morning accident on I-476 caused traffic troubles all day long.
A truck hit an overhead sign near Conshohocken and severely damaged it just before 4 a.m. Wednesday in the northbound lanes of I-476 in Plymouth Township, just prior to the Mid-County interchange for the Pa. Turnpike.
PennDOT inspectors say at least one support beam for the sign was cracked and needed to be replaced.
Drivers contended with lane closures and long delays that, at times, stretched to the Schuylkill Expressway and even onto the Vine Street Expressway.
All of the lanes were open by Wednesday evening after day-long closures.
The truck driver, meanwhile, suffered leg and back injuries.
blue route, accident, pennsylvania, montgomery county, shirleen allicot, traffic
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 22 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 2 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 2 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 55 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply