Westbound lanes of I-76 reopen after multi-vehicle crash
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - November 7, 2010 (WPVI) -- A multi-vehicle crash on the Schuylkill Expressway resulted in at least one injury and a major backup.
At around 4:00 p.m., a multi-vehicle accident occurred in the westbound lanes of I-76 at Vare Avenue.
All westbound lanes became blocked and motorists had to exit at Vare Avenue.
Close to an hour later, all lanes were reopened.
Traffic was backed up for miles during the closure.
One female was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
schuylkill expressway, accident, traffic
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy