5 tractor-trailers collide on NJTP in Cranbury Twp.
CRANBURY, N.J. - December 16, 2010 (WPVI) -- Five tractor-trailers collided on the New Jersey Turnpike early Thursday morning in Cranbury, Middlesex County.
The accident happened around 2:30 a.m. on the northbound lanes of the highway when, police say, one tractor-trailer rammed into the other trucks that were stopped on the turnpike due to an earlier crash.
Some lanes were closed throughout the rush hour while the trucks were off loaded. One contained fruit, another fertilizer.
Police say all injuries sustained in the crash were minor.
Traffic is moving past the scene as workers continue to clear the wreckage.
accident, new jersey turnpike, middlesex county, new jersey, traffic
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 6 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey 6 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing 6 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA