5 tractor-trailers collide on NJTP in Cranbury Twp.
CRANBURY, N.J. - December 16, 2010 (WPVI) -- Five tractor-trailers collided on the New Jersey Turnpike early Thursday morning in Cranbury, Middlesex County.
The accident happened around 2:30 a.m. on the northbound lanes of the highway when, police say, one tractor-trailer rammed into the other trucks that were stopped on the turnpike due to an earlier crash.
Some lanes were closed throughout the rush hour while the trucks were off loaded. One contained fruit, another fertilizer.
Police say all injuries sustained in the crash were minor.
Traffic is moving past the scene as workers continue to clear the wreckage.
accident, new jersey turnpike, middlesex county, new jersey, traffic
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
56 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
49 min ago