Both directions of Route 202 at King of Prussia Mall closed for sinkholes
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - February 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Both directions of Route 202 at the King of Prussia Mall have been closed because of sinkholes.
This comes after a second sinkhole was discovered on Friday afternoon in the southbound lanes.
The northbound lanes were already closed because of a sinkhole that opened early Friday morning.
The sinkhole on the northbound side is reportedly four to six inches deep and 70 feet long. The sinkhole on the southbound side is also reported to be about 70 feet long.
A sewer main is being investigated for damage on the northbound side, while a watermain break has been reported on the southbound side.
Traffic is being detoured around local streets in the area.
Repairs are expected to take until sometime Saturday afternoon. Drivers are being asked to avoid the area.
PennDOT advises motorists traveling north on Route 202 to follow the detour of South Gulph Road, Church Road and Henderson Road to travel around the road closure. Route 202 north remains open to motorists turning left onto Mall Boulevard.
The average daily traffic volume on northbound Route 202 in the area of the Mall Boulevard intersection is 22,200 vehicles a day.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, king of prussia, penndot, traffic
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 29 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 15 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 17 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 27 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 18 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 20 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 7 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 26 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 28 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
20 min ago