Rt. 422 in Reading open again after truck crash
READING, Pa. - March 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Route 422 was closed in both directions through Reading for hours on Tuesday after a tractor-trailer crash.
The tractor trailer, being driven west on 422, jack-knifed and crashed through the median around 9:00 a.m.
The gasoline tanks of the truck were punctured in the crash.
It happened just before the Lancaster Ave exit.
The driver of the tractor trailer was transported to a hospital as a precaution.
There is no word yet on how this crash happened.
The highway was reopened again on Tuesday afternoon.
pennsylvania, berks county, accident, traffic
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ