Rt. 422 in Reading open again after truck crash
READING, Pa. - March 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Route 422 was closed in both directions through Reading for hours on Tuesday after a tractor-trailer crash.
The tractor trailer, being driven west on 422, jack-knifed and crashed through the median around 9:00 a.m.
The gasoline tanks of the truck were punctured in the crash.
It happened just before the Lancaster Ave exit.
The driver of the tractor trailer was transported to a hospital as a precaution.
There is no word yet on how this crash happened.
The highway was reopened again on Tuesday afternoon.
pennsylvania, berks county, accident, traffic
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly 50 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 52 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos