Rt. 422 in Reading open again after truck crash
READING, Pa. - March 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Route 422 was closed in both directions through Reading for hours on Tuesday after a tractor-trailer crash.
The tractor trailer, being driven west on 422, jack-knifed and crashed through the median around 9:00 a.m.
The gasoline tanks of the truck were punctured in the crash.
It happened just before the Lancaster Ave exit.
The driver of the tractor trailer was transported to a hospital as a precaution.
There is no word yet on how this crash happened.
The highway was reopened again on Tuesday afternoon.
pennsylvania, berks county, accident, traffic
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 44 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 33 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 46 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 38 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
46 min ago