Car becomes fireball in crash
CENTERVILLE, Del. - March 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A woman managed to escape flames that erupted after 2 cars collided early Wednesday in Delaware.
New Castle County Police and emergency personnel responded to the crash scene just after 6 a.m. in the 100 block of Ramsey Road near the intersection of Thompson Bridge Road in Centerville, Delaware.
The two cars collided head-on, and one of them hit a tree.
Police say the 40-year-old woman whose car hit the tree managed to get out of the car as it started burning.
Both drivers are hospitalized.
The crash remains under investigation and police want drivers to avoid the area.
delaware, accident, new castle county, traffic
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 14 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 49 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 46 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 25 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
2 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
14 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
49 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
13 min ago