Route 476 NB in Montco reopened after fatal crash
WORCESTER TWP., Pa. - April 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A fatal crash on the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County shuts down northbound lanes for several hours.
Two vehicles were reported to be involved in the accident which occurred just before 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in the northbound lanes at mile marker 26 in Worchester Township between the Mid-County exit and Lansdale.
One person died in the crash and at least one other injured.The southbound lanes were briefly closed to allow medical helicopters to land, but re-opened shortly after.
However, the northbound lanes remained closed for several hours for accident cleanup and the police investigation.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, pa turnpike, traffic
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 49 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
49 min ago