Route 476 NB in Montco reopened after fatal crash
WORCESTER TWP., Pa. - April 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A fatal crash on the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County shuts down northbound lanes for several hours.
Two vehicles were reported to be involved in the accident which occurred just before 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in the northbound lanes at mile marker 26 in Worchester Township between the Mid-County exit and Lansdale.
One person died in the crash and at least one other injured.The southbound lanes were briefly closed to allow medical helicopters to land, but re-opened shortly after.
However, the northbound lanes remained closed for several hours for accident cleanup and the police investigation.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, pa turnpike, traffic
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 13 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 5 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 3 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
13 min ago