Police: DUI may be factor in Tredyffrin crash
TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are working to figure out if alcohol played a role in a horrific crash late Thursday night in Tredyffrin Township, Pa.
Medics were dispatched to the 800 block of Old Eagle School Road near Wallace Drive shortly before 10:00 pm.
Investigators say the driver of a 2002 Saturn improperly passed a 1999 Volvo and lost control. The Saturn sideswiped the Volvo, lost control, and hit a utility pole.
Three people inside the Saturn were seriously hurt. One of the victims was flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, while the other two were taken by ambulance.
Three people inside the Volvo were evaluated at the scene.
Police say it appears that the drivers of both the Saturn and the Volvo knew each other.
Anyone with any further information is asked to call the Tredyffrin Township Police Department at 610-644-3221.
chester county, accident, traffic
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 17 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 24 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
43 min ago