Police: DUI may be factor in Tredyffrin crash
TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are working to figure out if alcohol played a role in a horrific crash late Thursday night in Tredyffrin Township, Pa.
Medics were dispatched to the 800 block of Old Eagle School Road near Wallace Drive shortly before 10:00 pm.
Investigators say the driver of a 2002 Saturn improperly passed a 1999 Volvo and lost control. The Saturn sideswiped the Volvo, lost control, and hit a utility pole.
Three people inside the Saturn were seriously hurt. One of the victims was flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, while the other two were taken by ambulance.
Three people inside the Volvo were evaluated at the scene.
Police say it appears that the drivers of both the Saturn and the Volvo knew each other.
Anyone with any further information is asked to call the Tredyffrin Township Police Department at 610-644-3221.
chester county, accident, traffic
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall