Driver dies after ramming pole, parked cars
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - April 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- One person is dead following a crash in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say a 36-year-old driver lost control, struck a pole, and slammed into several parked cars along the 7600 block of Essington Avenue. Investigators believe they may have been parked at a long-term lot used by travelers at Philadelphia International Airport.
The driver was killed. His female passenger was taken to the hospital. There's no word on her condition or the severity of her injuries.
pennsylvania, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, accident, traffic
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 5 min ago
- Snow plot overturns on I-95 in Delaware 12 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 1 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
1 min ago