Driver dies after ramming pole, parked cars
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - April 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- One person is dead following a crash in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say a 36-year-old driver lost control, struck a pole, and slammed into several parked cars along the 7600 block of Essington Avenue. Investigators believe they may have been parked at a long-term lot used by travelers at Philadelphia International Airport.
The driver was killed. His female passenger was taken to the hospital. There's no word on her condition or the severity of her injuries.
pennsylvania, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, accident, traffic
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 7 min ago
- Turning Milder 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 28 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
7 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
28 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
46 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
34 min ago