Car wedged under rig on I-95 in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - May 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews freed a driver whose car was wedged underneath a tractor-trailer on I-95 in Delaware County Tuesday morning.
The car and the tractor-trailer collided around 11:00 a.m. in the southbound lanes of I-95 near Route 352 in Chester.
State Police tell Action News a mother and her adult daughter were in the vehicle.
The mother was freed from the car and was taken to Crozer-Chester Medical Center with minor injuries.
The daughter was also taken to Crozer for evaluation.
Wtnesses tell Action News the car was under the tractor-trailer and was being dragged. This went on until the driver of the rig noticed the vehicle was underneath his trailer.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was not injured.
All involved were wearing seatbelts.
accident, delaware county, chester, pennsylvania, traffic
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 25 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 37 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 10 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 1 min ago
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 22 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 10 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
2 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
37 min ago