Car wedged under rig on I-95 in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - May 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews freed a driver whose car was wedged underneath a tractor-trailer on I-95 in Delaware County Tuesday morning.
The car and the tractor-trailer collided around 11:00 a.m. in the southbound lanes of I-95 near Route 352 in Chester.
State Police tell Action News a mother and her adult daughter were in the vehicle.
The mother was freed from the car and was taken to Crozer-Chester Medical Center with minor injuries.
The daughter was also taken to Crozer for evaluation.
Wtnesses tell Action News the car was under the tractor-trailer and was being dragged. This went on until the driver of the rig noticed the vehicle was underneath his trailer.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was not injured.
All involved were wearing seatbelts.
accident, delaware county, chester, pennsylvania, traffic
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 1 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 35 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
1 min ago