Heat blamed for road buckling on Rt. 422
NORTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - May 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The heat is being blamed for a major road closure in North Coventry Township.
Just before 6:00 p.m., North Coventry Township police closed all westbound lanes of Route 422 near Route 724 because the road was buckling.
Officials believe the heat is the cause.
Traffic was backed up for miles approaching the scene.
The road was reopened by 11:00 p.m.
chester county, traffic
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 56 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport