Heat blamed for road buckling on Rt. 422
NORTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - May 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The heat is being blamed for a major road closure in North Coventry Township.
Just before 6:00 p.m., North Coventry Township police closed all westbound lanes of Route 422 near Route 724 because the road was buckling.
Officials believe the heat is the cause.
Traffic was backed up for miles approaching the scene.
The road was reopened by 11:00 p.m.
chester county, traffic
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 45 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
54 min ago