3 injured after car hits tree, 2 parked cars in Center City
LOGAN SQUARE - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Three people were injured when a SUV knocked over a tree and then slammed into two parked cars on Arch Street in Center City.
The accident happened around 4:45 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of 19th and Arch streets in the Logan Square section of Philadelphia.
The SUV was traveling westbound on Arch Street when the driver lost control.
Three people were trapped inside the vehicle following the crash. Medics transported a 20-year-old man with multiple injuries to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in critical condition. An 18-year-old man was taken to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in critical condition with head and back injuries. A third person, a 20-year-old female, was taken to Hahnemann Hospital where she is listed in stable condition.
Arch Street is shutdown around the accident scene while crews work to clear the wreckage.
There is no word on what caused the driver to lose control. Police are investigating.
center city, pennsylvania, philadelphia, accident, traffic
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 16 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
14 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
16 min ago