1 person dead in I-95 accident
UPPER CHICHESTER, Pa. - July 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after an accident on I-95 in Upper Chichester.
At around 4:00 p.m., Pennsylvania State Police and rescue crews were called out to the report of a crash on I-95 North approaching Highland Avenue.
Police say the driver hit the guardrail and overturned multiple times.
The driver was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver was the only occupant in the car and there was no other passengers, as previously thought.
The accident caused traffic to be backed up past the Pennsylvania-Delaware state line..
All lanes were reopened at 7:00 p.m.
pennsylvania, delaware county, accident, traffic
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
31 min ago