1 person dead in I-95 accident
UPPER CHICHESTER, Pa. - July 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after an accident on I-95 in Upper Chichester.
At around 4:00 p.m., Pennsylvania State Police and rescue crews were called out to the report of a crash on I-95 North approaching Highland Avenue.
Police say the driver hit the guardrail and overturned multiple times.
The driver was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver was the only occupant in the car and there was no other passengers, as previously thought.
The accident caused traffic to be backed up past the Pennsylvania-Delaware state line..
All lanes were reopened at 7:00 p.m.
pennsylvania, delaware county, accident, traffic
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police