Victim in Route 70 crash ID'd as county detective
SOUTHAMPTON TWP., N.J. - August 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The woman killed in a head-on crash Monday morning in Burlington County, New Jersey has been identified as an Ocean County detective.
Tina Rambo, 35, died in the crash on Route 70 in Southampton Township on Monday morning.
State police tell Action News that Rambo was on her way to work when she was involved in the crash around 8:00 a.m. near mile marker 21 near New Road.
Police say Rambo was driving a Ford Crown Victoria eastbound when her car was hit by a Saturn driven by 24-year-old Rachel Portnoy of Marlton.
Investigators say their preliminary investigation shows the Saturn was being driven in the wrong lane and hit the Ford head-on.
Portnoy was flown by helicopter to the hospital with serious leg injuries. Rambo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed two heavily damaged cars stopped in the roadway, both with damage to the front end.
No charges have been filed so far.
Rambo had been employed by the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office since 2000, first as a Prosecutor's Agent and then as a sworn law enforcement officer.
She took the oath to be an officer almost ten years ago to the day - July 30, 2001.
"I along with all members of the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office extend our deep condolences to the family of Tina Rambo, and mourn the loss of our co-worker, colleague and friend," Ocean County Prosecutor Marlene Lynch Ford said in a statement.
Rambo was married and she is survived by two children, her mother and father, and one brother and two sisters.
She had also served previously as a substitute teacher for the Toms River Regional School district.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
new jersey, burlington county, accident, traffic
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 48 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 36 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
36 min ago