I-676 ramp reopens after scare prompts closure
CENTER CITY - August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A ramp onto Interstate 676 (Vine Street Expressway) was closed after a PennDOT worker found a suspicious device.
The incident was reported around 11:20 a.m. in the westbound lanes of the highway near the Broad Street exit.
Authorities were on the scene and cleared out shortly before noon.
There was no word on what the item was that prompted the scare.
philadelphia, center city, traffic
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 38 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
47 min ago