I-676 ramp reopens after scare prompts closure
CENTER CITY - August 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A ramp onto Interstate 676 (Vine Street Expressway) was closed after a PennDOT worker found a suspicious device.
The incident was reported around 11:20 a.m. in the westbound lanes of the highway near the Broad Street exit.
Authorities were on the scene and cleared out shortly before noon.
There was no word on what the item was that prompted the scare.
philadelphia, center city, traffic
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 52 min ago