PA Turnpike closed between Harrisburg and Reading due to flooding
September 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Due to major flooding conditions, the Pennsylvania Turnpike is closed between the Harrisburg East Interchange #247 and Reading Interchange #286.
Once you exit at the Harrisburg East Interchange or the Reading Interchanges, officials say many adjoining roadways that are bordering a waterway are becoming flooded.
Motorists exiting the turnpike system should find alternate routes.
The turnpike is strongly encouraging all motorists to limit any travel between the Carlisle Interchange and the Downingtown Interchange.
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 9 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 8 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 56 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar