PA Turnpike closed between Harrisburg and Reading due to flooding
September 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Due to major flooding conditions, the Pennsylvania Turnpike is closed between the Harrisburg East Interchange #247 and Reading Interchange #286.
Once you exit at the Harrisburg East Interchange or the Reading Interchanges, officials say many adjoining roadways that are bordering a waterway are becoming flooded.
Motorists exiting the turnpike system should find alternate routes.
The turnpike is strongly encouraging all motorists to limit any travel between the Carlisle Interchange and the Downingtown Interchange.
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 19 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 2 min ago
- Crews battle house fire in Wilmington 21 min ago
- 2-alarm fire breaks out at Holmesburg complex 1 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 51 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 30 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
7 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
19 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
2 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
18 min ago