PA Turnpike closed between Harrisburg and Reading due to flooding
September 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Due to major flooding conditions, the Pennsylvania Turnpike is closed between the Harrisburg East Interchange #247 and Reading Interchange #286.
Once you exit at the Harrisburg East Interchange or the Reading Interchanges, officials say many adjoining roadways that are bordering a waterway are becoming flooded.
Motorists exiting the turnpike system should find alternate routes.
The turnpike is strongly encouraging all motorists to limit any travel between the Carlisle Interchange and the Downingtown Interchange.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 23 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew...
23 min ago
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
14 min ago