Overturned truck drops steel on roadway
NEWARK, Del. - October 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police responded to the scene of an overturned tractor trailer on Route 896 Southbound at the off ramp from I-95 South.
The accident caused the right lane of 896 South and the left lane of 896 North to close around 3:30 p.m.
The overturned truck also caused the exit ramp from I-95 South onto Route 896 South and 896 northbound at Old Baltimore Pike to close.
Police say the flatbed tractor trailer was carrying a load of steel.
It was exiting I-95 South onto Route 896 South and the load shifted causing the truck to overturn and drop two large rolls of steel onto the roadway.
The male driver was evaluated at the scene for a minor injury.
All lanes reopened just after 5:30 p.m.
newark, delaware, accident, traffic
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore