Overturned truck drops steel on roadway
NEWARK, Del. - October 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police responded to the scene of an overturned tractor trailer on Route 896 Southbound at the off ramp from I-95 South.
The accident caused the right lane of 896 South and the left lane of 896 North to close around 3:30 p.m.
The overturned truck also caused the exit ramp from I-95 South onto Route 896 South and 896 northbound at Old Baltimore Pike to close.
Police say the flatbed tractor trailer was carrying a load of steel.
It was exiting I-95 South onto Route 896 South and the load shifted causing the truck to overturn and drop two large rolls of steel onto the roadway.
The male driver was evaluated at the scene for a minor injury.
All lanes reopened just after 5:30 p.m.
newark, delaware, accident, traffic
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ