Car fire causes morning delays on I-76
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. - October 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- An early morning car fire on the Schuylkill Expressway caused major delays for commuters.
Flames were reported just after 6:00 a.m. Wednesday in the eastbound lanes of I-76 approaching the Conshohocken Curve.
Smoke flooded the roadway as firefighters doused the flames, which had engulfed the car.
The car blocked the far right lane. Traffic was forced to the far left lane, as drivers tried avoiding all the smoke blowing from the wreckage.
The scene has since been cleared. No word on what caused the fire.
conshohocken, montgomery county, pennsylvania, fire, traffic
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 9 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 39 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police