I-295 reopens after Carneys Point tanker crash
CARNEYS POINT, N.J. - November 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Interstate 295 was closed in both directions in Carneys Point, New Jersey for hours following a tanker truck crash.
The crash happened around 1:30 p.m. on the New Jersey side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
Officials say the driver lost control of a rig near Carney's Point and flipped it onto its side.
Hazmat crews were called to scene to contain a propane leak.
By 4:30 p.m., the tanker truck was removed from the roadway.
All northbound and southbound lanes were closed for around three hours.
A medical helicopter was dispatched to transport the injured driver, but the driver's condition is unknown.
new jersey, accident, traffic
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 54 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 11 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 45 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 57 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
20 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
54 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
45 min ago