I-295 reopens after Carneys Point tanker crash
CARNEYS POINT, N.J. - November 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Interstate 295 was closed in both directions in Carneys Point, New Jersey for hours following a tanker truck crash.
The crash happened around 1:30 p.m. on the New Jersey side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
Officials say the driver lost control of a rig near Carney's Point and flipped it onto its side.
Hazmat crews were called to scene to contain a propane leak.
By 4:30 p.m., the tanker truck was removed from the roadway.
All northbound and southbound lanes were closed for around three hours.
A medical helicopter was dispatched to transport the injured driver, but the driver's condition is unknown.
new jersey, accident, traffic
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 54 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 30 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 15 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet 34 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
54 min ago