Crash closes I-76 WB at King of Prussia, 1 person dead
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- One person is dead in a multi-vehicle crash on westbound I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) at King of Prussia.
The accident occurred just after 11:30 a.m. between Gulph Mills Road and Route 202.
The accident involved two vehicles and one tractor-trailer, but it remains unclear what led to the crash.
There is no immediate word on who was killed in this crash.
A number a injuries were reported. Chopper 6 HD was overhead as two people were placed in waiting ambulances.
The scene is just a few hundreds yards from a new westbound off-ramp PennDOT opened about an hour before the wreck.
That ramp sends traffic onto South Gulph Road and South Henderson Road.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
accident, king of prussia, montgomery county, pennsylvania, traffic
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 23 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures