Tractor trailer fire shuts down part of Blue Route
MARPLE TWP., Pa. - November 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A tractor trailer fire shut down southbound lanes of the Blue Route for a few hours Sunday night.
At around 5:50 p.m., the Pennsylvania State Police and fire department were called out to the southbound lanes of Route 476 for the report of a tractor trailer fire.
The tractor trailer pulled off onto the shoulder just south of Route 3 (West Chester Pike).
The driver was able to vacate of truck.
When the police and fire department arrived the truck was fully engulfed.
State Police tell Action News the tractor trailer was hauling meat and produce
All southbound lanes were shut down until around 8:00 p.m.
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 7 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 35 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests