Schuylkill Exp. EB reopens hours after crash
PHILADELPHIA - March 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- The eastbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76) have reopened at the Vine Street Expressway (I-676) after an afternoon crash.
The crash happened around 1:20 p.m. Thursday. The highway was closed until shortly before 4:00 p.m.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed a white trash truck over on its side.
Two men who were inside the truck were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There was no immediate word on what caused the crash.
philadelphia, schuylkill expressway, traffic
- Large explosion, fire reported in East Harlem 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 36 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 13 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death