1 seriously injured in I-95 vehicle fire
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - March 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A vehicle fire on I-95 in South Philadelphia has sent one person to the hospital.
A 37-year-old man was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with serious injuries.
The vehicle fire broke out on southbound I-95 near Broad Street around 4:40 p.m.
Officials say a pick-up truck caught fire in the southbound left lane.
All southbound lanes were blocked for around 20 minutes.
State Police are investigating.
fire, south philadelphia, traffic
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police