Woman killed in multi-vehicle crash on I-95 ID'd
PHILADELPHIA - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the woman killed in a multi-vehicle crash on Interstate 95 southbound in Penn's Landing on Thursday morning.
Pennsylvania State Police say 38-year-old Nicole M. Sloan, of Philadelphia, died as a result of the crash at 8:45 a.m. under the Spruce Street overpass.
According to investigators, a total of six vehicles were involved, including Sloan's 2010 Honda Accord, a tanker truck and a box truck.
Police say traffic was stopped in the left lane when a Freightliner box truck, driven by 40-year-old Anthony Taylor of Chester, failed to stop and hit Sloan's Honda.
That crash pushed Sloan's car into the right lane where it was hit by a tanker truck driven by 55-year-old James Gills of Blackwood, New Jersey.
Sloan was pronounced dead at Hahnemann University Hospital.
Three other vehicles were involved in this crash. One of those drivers suffered minor injuries.
I-95 southbound was closed for several hours following the crash.
There has been no word on any charges so far as this investigation continues.
philadelphia, accident, traffic
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 12 min ago
- Windy And Cool 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore 28 min ago
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing 50 min ago
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools 39 min ago
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila....
12 min ago
- Windy And Cool
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos