1 person dead in 7-vehicle crash on I-95
PHILADELPHIA - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after a seven-vehicle crash on Interstate 95 at Penn's Landing on Thursday morning.
The crash happened around 8:50 a.m. under the Spruce Street overpass.
Among the vehicles involved were a tanker truck and a box truck.
There was no immediate word on the identity of the person who was killed.
The southbound lanes were shut down for nearly two hours, with the highway finally reopened around 11:00 a.m.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed a massive backlog on the highway.
The circumstances of this crash remain under investigation.
philadelphia, accident, traffic
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 18 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 5 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 38 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 12 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos