Woman killed in multi-vehicle crash on I-95 ID'd
PHILADELPHIA - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the woman killed in a multi-vehicle crash on Interstate 95 southbound in Penn's Landing on Thursday morning.
Pennsylvania State Police say 38-year-old Nicole M. Sloan, of Philadelphia, died as a result of the crash at 8:45 a.m. under the Spruce Street overpass.
According to investigators, a total of six vehicles were involved, including Sloan's 2010 Honda Accord, a tanker truck and a box truck.
Police say traffic was stopped in the left lane when a Freightliner box truck, driven by 40-year-old Anthony Taylor of Chester, failed to stop and hit Sloan's Honda.
That crash pushed Sloan's car into the right lane where it was hit by a tanker truck driven by 55-year-old James Gills of Blackwood, New Jersey.
Sloan was pronounced dead at Hahnemann University Hospital.
I-95 southbound was closed for several hours following the crash.
There has been no word on any charges so far as this investigation continues.
philadelphia, accident, traffic
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 12 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 46 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 51 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
57 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
12 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
46 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos