Pa. Turnpike WB lanes now open near Ft. Washington
FT. WASHINGTON , Pa. -June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pa. Turnpike is is now open westbound between the Ft. Washington exit and Norristown after an earlier tractor trailer crash.
The crash happened around 4:30 a.m. Thursday in the westbound lanes of the Pa. Turnpike west of Ft. Washington exit in Whitemarsh Township.
The driver of the tractor trailer lost control and hit the median.
Debris was left on lanes in both directions, causing a fuel spill.
The westbound lanes were completely closed for more than three hours. The lanes were reopened shortly before 8:00 a.m.
There were only minor injuries in the crash, police said.
Authorities say there were numerous crashes in the backlog which were being cleaned up.
pennsylvania turnpike, accident, traffic
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 27 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos