Pa. Turnpike WB lanes now open near Ft. Washington
FT. WASHINGTON , Pa. -June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pa. Turnpike is is now open westbound between the Ft. Washington exit and Norristown after an earlier tractor trailer crash.
The crash happened around 4:30 a.m. Thursday in the westbound lanes of the Pa. Turnpike west of Ft. Washington exit in Whitemarsh Township.
The driver of the tractor trailer lost control and hit the median.
Debris was left on lanes in both directions, causing a fuel spill.
The westbound lanes were completely closed for more than three hours. The lanes were reopened shortly before 8:00 a.m.
There were only minor injuries in the crash, police said.
Authorities say there were numerous crashes in the backlog which were being cleaned up.
pennsylvania turnpike, accident, traffic
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Cloudy And Cooler
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos