Pa. Turnpike WB lanes now open near Ft. Washington
FT. WASHINGTON , Pa. -June 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pa. Turnpike is is now open westbound between the Ft. Washington exit and Norristown after an earlier tractor trailer crash.
The crash happened around 4:30 a.m. Thursday in the westbound lanes of the Pa. Turnpike west of Ft. Washington exit in Whitemarsh Township.
The driver of the tractor trailer lost control and hit the median.
Debris was left on lanes in both directions, causing a fuel spill.
The westbound lanes were completely closed for more than three hours. The lanes were reopened shortly before 8:00 a.m.
There were only minor injuries in the crash, police said.
Authorities say there were numerous crashes in the backlog which were being cleaned up.
pennsylvania turnpike, accident, traffic
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 45 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
58 min ago