Schuylkill Expressway EB in South Philadelphia reopens after crash
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- The eastbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76) have reopened following a tractor trailer crash in South Philadelphia.
The accident happened near the University Avenue exit around 9:00 a.m. Tuesday.
The truck overturned and was on its side, blocking all lanes.
The scene finally was cleared at approximately 1:30 p.m.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed the trailer portion appeared to be damaged by a concrete barrier during the crash.
Fire officials say the truck's driver was transported to a hospital.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, schuylkill expressway, accident, traffic
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 18 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 5 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 2 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures