On 6abc/TV Listings
6abc Joins "Oprah's Big Give"
(Philadelphia, PA) -- Oprah's Big Give, the new primetime series that defies television convention with the bold idea of people competing to give rather than get, is taking ABC Sundays by storm! The contestants are given the chance of a lifetime -- to change the lives of complete strangers in the most creative and dramatic ways. And now, it's your turn to get in on the action. 6abc is teaming up with Oprah's Big Give, to make a real impact, on real people, right here in the Delaware Valley.
6abc is kicking off a 5-week campaign to make Oprah's Big Give even bigger! Every Monday, Action News at 5 will highlight a different local charity to show you how it dramatically changes the lives of local people in need. Then, your chance to give is just a call or a click away! From 5-6pm, the 6abc Oprah's Big Give Hotline will be open to take your donations! Viewers can call 1-866-978-4232, or log on anytime to 6abc.com to make a donation, and to learn more about the five charities.
The 6abc Oprah's Big Give Hotline kicks off this March 17th and will highlight the following charities:
Oprah's Big Give airs Sunday nights at 9, on 6abc. Then on Monday, you can give big to local charities, right here at home with Action News at 5, and 6abc.com.
(Copyright 2008 by Action News. All Rights Reserved.)
on 6abc/tv listings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book