On 6abc/TV Listings
Russia presses for French warship technology
June 11, 2010 -- PARIS (AP) - Russia's industry minister says he wants to build French-designed warships in Russian plants, and eventually expand cooperation with France to include joint submarine, fighter jet or other manufacturing.
Viktor Khristenko told The AP at an exhibit in Paris that "for me as industry minister, it would be better to bring the construction to Russia" of Mistral class warships. France is in talks about selling the warships to Russia.The discussions are a key part of talks that Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin is having with France's president and prime minister in Paris this week. One issue is where the ship or ships would be made. Putin said Friday he wants to deepen cooperation with France. Francois Fillon at his side said "vive la Russie!"
on 6abc/tv listings
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 24 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank 55 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's 4 min ago
- Down At The Shore