On 6abc/TV Listings
Russia presses for French warship technology
June 11, 2010 -- PARIS (AP) - Russia's industry minister says he wants to build French-designed warships in Russian plants, and eventually expand cooperation with France to include joint submarine, fighter jet or other manufacturing.
Viktor Khristenko told The AP at an exhibit in Paris that "for me as industry minister, it would be better to bring the construction to Russia" of Mistral class warships. France is in talks about selling the warships to Russia.The discussions are a key part of talks that Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin is having with France's president and prime minister in Paris this week. One issue is where the ship or ships would be made. Putin said Friday he wants to deepen cooperation with France. Francois Fillon at his side said "vive la Russie!"
on 6abc/tv listings
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 57 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 38 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
38 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
57 min ago