FYI Philly- May 22, 2010 program information
From backyard grilling, to the newest alfresco dining spot, to dinner with your doggie! Take a drive through the plains of Africa, without leaving the Garden State. And, we discover even more ideas for animal-friendly family fun! Plus, lace up your sneaks as Cecily and Adam race head to head as they train for the Gary Papa Father's Day Run.
Doggie Style 2
Blind Pig BBQ
640 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
137 W Knowlton Rd
Media, PA 19063
Want to make that Strawberry Zuppa Inglese at home? Click here
The Training Station
1033 N. 2nd Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Gary Papa Run 4 Your Life
Click here to learn more about this year's event
Every Thursday, dine with your dog and they'll give 10% of your food bill to PAWS.
500 South 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
All summer at Doggie Style boutique - South Philly location
1700 E. Passyunk Ave.
Phila, PA 19145
Great Chefs Event
June 15th - 6-9 pm
location: Urbvan Outfitters, the Navy Yard
Taste of Summer at Girard College
Tuesday, June 8th - 6-9 pm
WAWA Welcome America
for complete event listings:
August 6-15, 2010
for complete event listings:
Six Flags Great Adventure
Stingray Beach Club opens in June
Walking with Dinosaurs
Creatures of Habitat exhibit open thru the fall
Cleopatra: The Search for the Last Queen of Egypt
opens June 5th at the Franklin Institute
Making Scents exhibit runs thru November
Mann Music Center
For Special Events all summer long:
Want to make that Strawberry Zuppa Inglese at home? Here's the recipe from Osteria Chef/Owner Jeff Michaud:
Strawberry Zuppa Inglese
Milk - 1 Litre
Vanilla bean- 1
Yolks - 10
Sugar - 250g
00 flour- 65g
Soft whipped cream - 600g
1) Bring the milk and vanilla bean to a boil.
2) Whip the yolks, sugar and 00 flour to fluffy and pale.
3) Temper the milk into the egg mixture.
4) Return the mixture to pot and cook over medium heat until thick.
5) Let mixture cool; Fold in cream.
Mascarpone - 12 oz
Soft butter - 6 oz
Sugar - 1 ½ c
Egg's - 3
Pastry flour - 1 ½ c
Kosher salt - 1 t
Baking powder - 2 ½ t
1) Cream the butter and sugar to light and fluffy. Once creamed add the mascarpone.
2) Add the eggs, one at a time.
3) Sift all the dry and then add to the butter/sugar mix.
4) Lay the mix out on a buttered ½ sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake at 350° for 20min.
Glucose 3 oz
Sugar 4 oz
Dextrose 1 T
Pectin ½ T
Sugar ¼ c
1) Cut the strawberries into ¼.
2) Bring the glucose, 4 oz sugar, dextrose, and water to a boil.
3) Add the strawberries and cook them until they are cooked through.
4) Mix the pectin and ¼ c sugar together then whisk into the strawberries.
5) Cook until thick. About 3 to 5 min.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run